This post is about a guide for beginner to how to use The Aarde Vitamin C.
There is three most essential products you need for your skin care routing: Vitamin C, Retinol and Sunscreen.
It always comes to the question : how to choose the best Vitamin C serum and when to use it. At the moment, Aarde Skin Care have varieties of Vitamin C products for our customers to choose from!
Som before we go further into the products, let’s get some facts about Vitamin C right now!
Some Facts You Should Know About Vitamin C
- The science name for pure Vitamin C is Ascorbic Acid.
- It has three primary functions:
- Boost collagen production : keeps the skin firm and reduces wrinkles.
- Antioxidant : it protects our skin from oxidative damage, caused by UV sunlights and Pollution. This is also the reason why it is so important to use your Vitamin C serums in the morning along with your sunscreen of minimum SPF 25.
- Brighten the skin including fade hyperpigmentation from acne scars, sun damage and melasma.
One Thing You Need To Know About Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is extremely unstable. Which means that it will oxidizes, turns brown, thereby making it less potent and effective when exposed to sunlight and air. Hence why it is recommend to be storage in cool area and away from the expose to the sun.
- It is best to use your vitamin C within 3 months once the product it open and being used. After 3 months, you might expect to see the formula begin to decrease and turns brown.
- Vitamin C being very unstable means you have to consider the packaging and storage of your serums. Our packages for our products are airless tubes, pumps or amber bottles. But keep in mind that the recommended time for Vitamin C is about 3 months or less before they turn brown.
- It is most effective between 5-15% except it’s a derivative. A higher concentration might cause irritaton which might cause hyerpigmentation. if you have sensitive skin, it also recommended to use Vitamin C serums under 15%.
Most Effective Combination with Vitamin C
- It is best combined Ascorbic Acid with the other two powerful antioxidants: Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid to delay oxidation and boost the protection against UV rays.
- Again, Vitamin C is best used during the day with sunscreen of minimum 25 SPF for the best result and antioxidants.